3B9WR on 80M CW application Flex 5000 and CW Skimmer

Here I work a typical DX pile up on station 3B9WR on Rodriguez Island. I have CW Slimmer connected to Flex 5000/PowerSDR combination which makes for a very formidable DX setup. I already worked the station earlier so I don't transmit in order to avoid QRMing the pile up. I worked him on the third call using Skimmer to hone in on his receive frequency. My setup consisted of the F5K, a full size 80M vert 1500W and a 43ft vertical resonant on 80M for the diversity antenna. The antennas are about 3/4 wavelength apart on 80M, and on this station and this path the beam steering feature of the F5K did not provide much difference than the standard diversity reception. The audio for this video comes from CW skimmer instead of PowerSDR since I can't run Skimmer and feed audio from PowerSDR at the same time. There are no cables connecting Skimmer and the Flex 5000. All the connections are done in software. I hope you enjoy seeing a DX QSO using the Flex 5000. I also hope you listen to how quiet the receiver is and that there are no extraneous beeps or boops even though many strong US stations are very close 73 W9OY

Thanks To - TX-NR807


0 comments to "3B9WR on 80M CW application Flex 5000 and CW Skimmer"

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels

My Zimbio http://www.wikio.com Join My Community at MyBloglog! Audio Video Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Web hosting for webmasters